Secure Managed Instructional Systems, LLC (SEMAIS) is an emerging company that is transforming Cyber Security to resolve complex problems. Our success is marked by providing industry approved and recognized Cyber Security Training and Consulting services to private businesses, US government agencies, and individual IT professionals. We are a solution-centric organization that delivers expertise for RMF Security Assessments that includes testing and vulnerability scanning to validate policies, regulation, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and NIST compliance based on 800-53A, 800-37, and 800-30.
SEMAIS is seeking a list of contractors to provide Cyber Security training in support of upcoming contracts. This is a 1099-payrate contract for qualified individuals. The Cyber Security Trainer will deliver high velocity Cyber Security training programs and support students in achieving career relevant certifications. Instructors will teach courses that align to their skillsets and certifications achieved ( i.e., A CISSP Instructor must have senior level knowledge of cyber security and hold a CISSP certification). In addition to training skills, Instructors will provide student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of IT training in today’s growing IT job markets.
- Holds current CISSP, CAP, CEH, CNDA, Sec+ or other Cyber Security Certifications
- Prior teaching experience or CTT certification.
Typical duties are likely to include:
Primary Responsibilities :
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Execution and instruction of virtual labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfil the skills needs of an organization
- Collaborating with other instructors
- Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- Ability to align training to current IT job markets
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Prior teaching/instruction
- Prior student management
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Analytical skills
- Training skills
- Mentor experience